The speed limiter is a device that limits the maximum speed of an electric bike. Some riders have complained about this device and have been looking for a way to remove it from their bikes. This article will help you learn how to remove speed limiter on electric bike.
If you are a cyclist, you might have come across the speed limiter on your electric bike. This is a device that limits the speed of your bike to 50 km/h (31 mph). The speed limiter is used by many companies to keep their employees from speeding on their bikes and driving them into accidents.
The speed limiter on an electric bike is a major problem for the users. It prevents the user from moving at high speeds, which is vital for a user to ride an electric bike.
Here’s a simple guide that will help you remove the speed limiters on an electric bike.
- 1 What Is The Speed Limiter On An Electric Bike?
- 2 How Does an Electric Bike’s Speed Limiter System Work?
- 3 Can You Remove Speed Limiter On Electric Bike?
- 4 How To Remove Speed Limiter On Electric Bike? [3 Methods]
- 5 How To Remove Speed Limiter On Electric Bike Bosch?
- 6 Conclusion
What Is The Speed Limiter On An Electric Bike?
The speed limiter on an electric bike is a device that slows down the power of the motor. It does this by cutting off electricity to the motor when it’s not needed. This can cause problems for people who want to ride for long distances at high speeds.
How Does an Electric Bike’s Speed Limiter System Work?
A speed limiter is a device that is used to reduce the speed of an electric bike. A speed limiter can be installed on the front hub of an electric bike and it can be activated at any time. It can also be deactivated by the rider, but then he will have to pay for a replacement or replacement parts.
Can You Remove Speed Limiter On Electric Bike?
Yes, you can remove the speed limiter on an electric bike. Speed limiters are used to prevent riders from exceeding the maximum speed of a vehicle. They are placed on the front and rear wheels of bikes to help riders stay within the speed limit.
The main purpose of a speed limiter is to protect riders from getting into trouble with traffic police or other road users. It is also used on bicycles to reduce the risk of injury for cyclists by slowing down their speeds.
How To Remove Speed Limiter On Electric Bike? [3 Methods]
There are three methods to remove the speed limiter on an electric bicycle. These methods are:
- Method 1: Manipulating the sensors.
- Method 2: Disconnecting the speed sensor wires
- Method 3: Modifying sensor data using tools
Method 1: Manipulating the sensors
In this method, we are going to manipulate the speed sensors by making them detect incorrect speed data from our electric bike.
- Step 1: Locate the magnet that is on the rear wheel of the electric bike and remove it.
- Step 2: Then we will locate this magnet on the pedal bracket of the bike or you can move it somewhere else.
- Step 3: Once the magnet is in place, we will place the frame speed sensor and move it to a position that faces the magnet we just relocated.
- Step 4: Verify that the distance between the magnet and the speed sensor of the electric bike is long enough for the sensor to receive less signal. Remember that what we want is for the signal not to be detected accurately so that the speed limit of the electric bike can be removed.
Method 2: Disconnecting the speed sensor wires
In this method, we will focus on cutting the wires that attach to the sensor. Although this method is not highly recommended due to its difficulty, it can give a better result than the method of manipulating the sensor.
- Step 1: Locate the electric bike speed sensor located on the bike frame.
- Step 2: You must cut the wires that are attached to the central controller and the electric bike speed sensor.
- Step 3: Once you have cut the wires, verify that the electric bike speed sensor is not receiving a signal from the electric bike’s central controller.
Method 3: Modifying sensor data using tools
In this last method, we are going to use tools or tool kits to disassemble the electrical circuit of the bicycle and add an on/off switch system to the speed sensor.
Also, if you don’t want to disassemble the speed sensor, you can use a tool kit that is just connected to the speed sensor of the electric bike to modify the speed limit.
How To Remove Speed Limiter On Electric Bike Bosch?
To remove the speed limiter on the Bosch electric bike, just go to the handlebar control and select the ”WALK” button. Then the tuning chip will be activated and speed data of 6.2km/h will appear on the controller, which means that the speed limit of 25km/h is deactivated.
A speed limiter on an electric bike is a device that limits the speed of the bike. It can be a pedal, throttle, or brake.
If you have read this article, you must know that an electric bike has a speed limiter built in. The speed limit is usually set by the manufacturer for safety reasons but it can be overridden by the rider if he/she wants to go faster.